Sunday, December 6, 2009

Dora the Explorer mad me mad

I really hope the title of this blog does not stray you away from READWITHCAUTION! Let me first say that I like Dora, I always have. Boots and Backpack too, Map sort of annoys me but I accept Dora and all her friends. I love that she speaks Spanish and is friends with a monkey, this teaches kids to accept diversity. It is fine to be friends with people who are not exactly like you, that is my favorite aspect of Dora. But what I just viewed was the wrong message to send to kids and I am confused as to why Dora was on at 8 PM, but let me get to the point.

Swiper the lovable theif on the show which I feel is unnesearry anyways stole everybodys presents and the star on the Christmas Tree or something like that. I only seen the end. Bottom line he ruined Christmas and lets face he attempts to take somehing every episode. Not cool.

What made me mad was Dora jumping up so quick to give up her presents to Swiper and talking about she cares about and wants to share! What the hell?!? Uh No Dora! You let him know he was wrong and he needs to deal with the consequences of doing something bad. She was way to quick and enthusiastice to forgive and give up her goods! (Take that how you want to)

I understand that this is a childrens show and maybe it is not the serious but WHATEVER. I wouldn't want my daughter coming home talkin about "I gave it to him", "I know he steals from me but I forgive him". She would get slapped. I am not saying it is good to hold grudges but we cannot be all "willy nilly" either. I am just saying!

NO BUENO!
END!

No comments:

Post a Comment